With effect from October 1, 2013 the Malaysian Nationals applying for Employment, Medical and Entry (X) visas will require to register biometric data while submitting their visa application at the India Visa Application Centre (IVAC). This will be in addition to the existing categories of visa applicants namely, non-Malaysian foreigners applying for all categories of visas and the Malaysian nationals applying for �Student visa� who are required to register biometric data while submitting their visa applications. Therefore the non-Malaysian foreigners applying for all categories of visas and the Malaysian nationals applying for Employment, Medical and Entry (X) and Student visas will have to submit their visa application at the IVAC in-person, but not through any third parties such as travel agents.
All visa applicants desiring emergency visa services from the High Commission will also have to submit their visa applications in person at the High Commission for biometric data registration.
High Commission of India
September 25, 2013
Visa fee is by cash only and no online payment.
ENTRY VISA - 'X' (MALAYSIAN PASSPORT)
*Applicable to a person of Indian Origin, defined as a person who has held Indian nationality or born in India.
*Applicant is a spouse of Indian National whereby his or her name endorsed as spouse in the Indian passport.
*Applicant is a child of Indian National.
*Applicant is a spouse or dependent family member of a foreign national coming to India on long term visa such as Employment. The visa duration granted is co-terminus with the period of the principal visa holder.
*Members of sports and game teams, sports person, scientific expeditions can also be granted X - VISA
*Applicant attending trainings/workshops.
APPLICATION WITH FALSE & INCORRECT INFORMATION WIL BE REJECTED
1) Visa validity starts from the date of Visa application with passport submission
2) Application form is to be completed ELECTRONICALLY ONLY in all respects. Applications with incomplete details are liable tobe rejected.
3) Form to be signed at two places; below the photograph and last page by the applicant only
4) 2 recent coloured photographs (2 inches X 2 inches) with white background ONLY
5) Passport valid for 6 months with minimum two blank pages
6) Address of referees in Malaysia and India to be furnished in detail
7) DEPENDENT (X) VISA: Proof of Indian passport, birth certificate, PIO Card, marriage certificates and other relevant documents and its copies (INCLUDING NO. 1 TO 6 ABOVE)
8) SPORTS (X) VISA: Letter of invitation and participation from the relevant sports organization. Clearence(approval) from Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports for the respective events. Approval from Ministry of Home Affairs and Ministry of External Affairs of India.
9) TRAINING / WORKSHOP (X) VISA: Approval letter from institution providing training in India (INCLUDING NO. 1 TO 6 ABOVE &NO. 10 BELOW)
10) TRAINING / WORKSHOP (X) VISA: Proof of registration of institution with the relevant authority in India
11) TRAINING / WORKSHOP (X) VISA: For students going for clinical practice training to India, a copy of the letter from the Malaysian institution should be attached to each Visa application (INCLUDING NO. 1 TO NO. 6, NO. 9 & NO. 10 ABOVE)
12) Application fee of RM368.56 for 6 months validity including RM1.56 service fee (RM547.56 for 1 year validity with multiple entry) (please go to http://www.indiavisa.com.my/visa_fee.php for details)
13) Visa Processing takes 3 working days for submission at India Visa Centre, Kuala Lumpur
14) Additional form (NON-RESIDENTIAL FORM) to be filled in for applicants born in China & Pakistan descendant of Pakistan
15) All visa applications must be supported with the passport and IC photocopy
CHILDREN APPLICANT BELOW 15 YEARS NO. 1 TO NO. 7 above & including below:
16) Photocopy of birth certificate
17) Form to be right thumb print or signed by the child below photograph & on the second page
18) Counter signed by the parents on the second page only
19) Signed copy of the parent's passport or IC
20)ADDTIONAL DOCCUMENTS FOR DEPENDENT X-VISA:
i. Birth ceritificate.
ii. Marriage ceritificate.
iii. Spouse/Father's passport copy and Malaysian Employment pass.
21) The applicant must be in person during submission for biometric registration.
22)The applicant must be in person during submission for biometric registration. Children below 12 years old and adult above 70 years are exempted from biometric enrollment and their applications may be submitted by a representative.
ONLINE VISA APPLICATION FORM FILLING - PRINT / DOWNLOAD APPLICATION FORM
1) Use only Internet Explorer 8.0 (IE 8.0)& above (browser) for form filling (3 pages)
2) Use Adobe Acrobat software for viewing & printing application forms in .pdf (2 pages)
3) Go to http://www.indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/ & complete all four pages with genuine information only.
4) Once form filling is completed, PRINT / DOWNLOADapplication form
SHOULD BE 2 INCHES X 2 INCHES WITH WHITE / OFF WHITE BACKGROUND ONLY & PASTE FIRMLY one photo in the RIGHT HAND SIDE TOP CORNER BOX & STAPLE another photo at LEFT HAND SIDE TOP CORNER of the application form
One signature by the applicant below the photograph pasted at right hand side top corner. Another signature on the second page at bottom right hand side corner.
*FORM FILLING, PRINTING AND PHOTOGRAPH SNAPPING SERVICES ARE AVAILABLE AT IVS Global INDIA VISA CENTRE, KUALA LUMPUR
1) It is the responsibility of applicant to ensure that the institution in India is recognized by the relevant authority such as the UGC / AIU / AICTE, etc.
2) If documents are inadequate / information falsified, the Visa application would be rejected and the fees paid will not be refunded
All visa application is subject to approval by the High Commission of India. No guarantee that Visa applicant will get approval for his / her Indian Visa application, including obtaining requested length of Visa validity & number of entries into India. Decision making on either an application to be approved or rejected with no reason given & if it is approved, decision on granting the maximum length of Visa period with allowable number of entries into India, is solely at the prerogative & discretion of the High Commission of India. Therefore, booking a flight ticket before obtaining an Indian Visa is not advisable.