With effect from October 1, 2013 the Malaysian Nationals applying for Employment, Medical and Entry (X) visas will require to register biometric data while submitting their visa application at the India Visa Application Centre (IVAC). This will be in addition to the existing categories of visa applicants namely, non-Malaysian foreigners applying for all categories of visas and the Malaysian nationals applying for ‘Student visa’ who are required to register biometric data while submitting their visa applications. Therefore the non-Malaysian foreigners applying for all categories of visas and the Malaysian nationals applying for Employment, Medical and Entry (X) and Student visas will have to submit their visa application at the IVAC in-person, but not through any third parties such as travel agents.
All visa applicants desiring emergency visa services from the High Commission will also have to submit their visa applications in person at the High Commission for biometric data registration.
High Commission of India
September 25, 2013
Visa fee is by cash only and no online payment.
STUDENT VISA - 'S' (MALAYSIAN PASSPORT)
* With effect from 16th April 2013 the Malaysian nationals applying for Student visa will require to register biometric data while submitting their visa application at the India Visa Application Centre (IVAC).Therefore the Malaysian nationals applying for Student visas will have to submit their visa application at the IVAC in-person but not through any third parties such as travel agents.Visa for those intending to pursue school / college level education (Letter from the school authorities is required to be attached)
1) APPLICATION WITH FALSE & INCORRECT INFORMATION WIL BE REJECTED
2) Application form is to be registered ELECTRONICALLY ONLY in all respects. Applications with incomplete details are liable to be rejected.
3) Form to be signed at two places; below the photograph and last page by the applicant only
4) 2 recent coloured photographs (2 inches X 2 inches) with white background ONLY
5) Passport valid for 6 months with minimum two blank pages
6) Address of referees in Malaysia and India to be furnished in detail
7) Proof of registration of the institute with relevant authority in India such as the UGC / AIU / AICTE. etc.
8) BonafideCertificate / Admission Letter (Original) from school / college / university / Institute. For Twinning Programmes admission letters from BOTH the Indian as well as the Malaysian institutions.
9) No Objection Certificate (NOC) from Ministry of Health& Family Welfare for medical students non-twinning Progarmme.
10) For twinning programmes, Admission Letter or Bonafide Certificate from the Malaysian institute is required
11) Proof of assured financial standing (support letter from Parents or Gurdian) and letter from Bank or Bank Statement
12) Equivalence Certificate for Diploma and Degree Courses.
13) No extension of student Visa beyond 5 years by the Missions
14) Provisional student Visa for 12 months may be given in the first instance.
15) For institutes whereby approval given by High Commission of India, Kuala Lumpur the submission is at IVS Global India Visa Centre
16) For students enrolling 1st to 10th standard, to produce original letter of admission from the school. Approval and submission is at IVS Global India Visa Centre
17) Application fee of RM365.56 including RM1.56 service fee (maximum 5 years validity or duration of studies; whichever is lesser)(please go to http://www.indiavisa.com.my/visa_fee.php for details)
18)Students seeking student visa should apply in person
19) Submission by applicant at IVS Global India Visa Centres in Malaysia
20) Visa Processing takes 8 working days for submission at India Visa Centre, Kuala Lumpur
21)Visa Processing takes 10 working days for Submission at India Visa Centres at Penang, Johor Bahru and other Centres.
22) All visa applications must be supported with the passport and IC photocopy
23) The applicant must be in person during submission for biometric registration.
24)The applicant must be in person during submission for biometric registration. Children below 12 years old and adult above 70 years are exempted from biometric enrollment and their applications may be submitted by a representative.
ONLINE VISA APPLICATION FORM FILLING – PRINT / DOWNLOAD APPLICATION FORM
1) Use only Internet Explorer 8.0 (IE 8.0)& above (browser) for form filling (3 pages)
2) Use Adobe Acrobat software for viewing & printing application forms in .pdf (2 pages)
3) Go to http://www.indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/ & complete all four pages with genuine information only.
4) Once form filling is completed, PRINT / DOWNLOADapplication form
SHOULD BE 2 INCHES X 2 INCHES WITH WHITE / OFF WHITE BACKGROUND ONLY & PASTE FIRMLY one photo in the RIGHT HAND SIDE TOP CORNER BOX & STAPLE another photo at LEFT HAND SIDE TOP CORNER of the application form
One signature by the applicant below the photograph pasted at right hand side top corner. Another signature on the second page at bottom right hand side corner.
*FORM FILLING, PRINTING AND PHOTOGRAPH SNAPPING SERVICES ARE AVAILABLE AT IVS Global INDIA VISA CENTRE, KUALA LUMPUR
1) It is the responsibility of applicant to ensure that the institution in India is recognized by the relevant authority such as the UGC / AIU / AICTE, etc.
2) If documents are inadequate / information falsified, the Visa application would be rejected and the fees paid will not be refunded
All visa application is subject to approval by the High Commission of India. No guarantee that Visa applicant will get approval for his / her Indian Visa application, including obtaining requested length of Visa validity & number of entries into India. Decision making on either an application to be approved or rejected with no reason given & if it is approved, decision on granting the maximum length of Visa period with allowable number of entries into India, is solely at the prerogative & discretion of the High Commission of India. Therefore, booking a flight ticket before obtaining an Indian Visa is not advisable.